HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

It takes a lot of faith to move mountains. There are scriptures throughout the entire Bible that talk about having faith to move mountains. Matthew 17:20 - And Jesus said unto them, 'Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place;' and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.' Today's verse talks about having the faith of a mustard seed. Now think with me for a minute...how big is a mustard seed??? Not very big is it? Last time I checked it wasn't very big...yet Jesus said that you could move a mountain with the faith of the smallest mustard seed. If we can move mountains with only that much faith...imagine how many pounds we can lose with that much faith. Last time I checked a mountain wasn't going anywhere pulled by man's brute strength. It's pretty much stuck there. It's a heavy object. But when we think about this verse...Jesus says it can be done. How much easier is it to shed pounds??? I know that it seems hard...and at times it is...but remember then next time you gain a few or even stay the same...Can YOU move a mountain???

Thought for the day: If I can remove mountains...Then I can remove pounds too!

(ps...if this is not KJV...I apologize, I'm at work and had to use what I could find)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home