HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Food For Thought!!

I received this email and definitely thought it was something that everyone could stand to hear. It kind of goes with Sheryl's devotion from last night's ladies' meeting. If you didn't get to come, hopefully we'll see you at the next one. We had a great time, but if you weren't there, I promise you that you were missed. Here is the Wonderful food for thought...hope you enjoy it!


God, grant me the Serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the
Courage to change the one I can, and the Wisdom to know it's me.

No more excuses now. God can use you to your full potential.
Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger.

1. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
2. Dear God, I have a problem, it's me.
3. Growing old is inevitable, growing UP is optional.
4. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
5. Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
6. Do the math, count your blessings.
7. Faith is the ability to not panic.
8. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.
9. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.
10. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home.
11. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
12. The most important things in your house are the people.
13. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. He can untangle
the knot.
14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Last night we talked about allow God to use us to our full potential. You might not think you have a lot left to give, but pour yourself into someone else and see how God grows you and others.

In the Circle of God's love, God's waiting to use your full potential.

Until Next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too struggle with number 9, just ask my husband:) I worry so much about the amount that I worry that some days I am sure I am going to have a heart attack. Thanks to everyone for their support.

    Heather

     
  • At 4:50 PM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those are all good thoughts! I like 1. It's easy to "talk the talk", but harder to "walk the walk". I also like laughter--it's the best medicine!!! Liz left a message on my phone: "If you're lucky, I might bring you some good 'ole Michigan flip-flops." I think they only get to wear them 2 months out of the year up there! But it made me laugh!
    Sheryl

     
  • At 6:53 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry I missed it on Monday, I was in San Antonio enjoying the riverwalk about that time. And no I did not even bother to count points when I was gone. All well back to it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home