HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

News Today!!!

Okay, My lunch was really awesome today. I went for a walk in the park (it was close to my work and very protected). It was such a beautiful day for a walk. I was walking around the lake and I got to watching the wildlife in the park. I watched the ducks playing chase (it was incredible...they were just like little kids playing chase). Then I saw some birds, they nearly hit me. They were flying as fast as they could and it looked as if they were playing tag. It was awesome. Then I heard a bird in the tree and then immediately heard several other birds reply to that bird. It was as if they were playing "marco polo". I was so excited when I realized what was happening all around me. God put these simple things in our lives for us to focus on so that we are not always inundated with our stressful lives. Did you know that its a proven fact that stress is the number 1 cause for all disease??? It is. Try to destress everyday. It's good for you. Well, this is all for today. I don't have a verse for today, because honestly, I think God's creation should be enjoyed. Until next time...keep looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stress is also a cause of eating. We tend to eat when we are stressed because it releases chemicals in our brains that make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. That's why your advice is sooo important. We need to find an alternative activity to get that same feeling. An activity that includes appreciating what God has done for us is even better:) Thanks Jocelyn and everybody for your support!

    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home