HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

You're Not Alone!!!

Okay, somebody tell me I'm not the only one who has ever done this. You see this brand new commercial...a NEW pill that simply MELTS the POUNDS AWAY!!! I pick up the phone ready to dial in and buy 100 bottles. If it's that easy, surely even I can lose weight...then they show the price. It's way too high. The cost of dieting is always too high....isn't it??? That always seems to be the excuse. I can't afford to go on a diet. That was my excuse until January of this year. I made myself afford it, and you know what happened? I got a raise at work, I've actually lost weight, and I feel a lot better. I believe that when we're in it (dieting) for the RIGHT reason, God will bless what we're doing. I know that I seem to be repetitive about this, but it just doesn't change the truth that God cares about our attitude when we're dieting. If we only want to lose weight for selfish reasons, why should he bless us? Make sure to tell God what you need because He does care for you. (that was our lesson in honey bees last night). When nobody else seems to care about you, God Does. 1 Peter 3:13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? I hope this was a blessing to someone today. Keep Looking UP for your inspiration...and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know I feel like all I do is talk about dieting and "points".

    I forgot to sign up for something on Sunday night, did we get enought responese? Do I need to bring something?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home