HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Here's some Freebies!!

Hi all, don't have much time, but here's some freebies for today. Have a great day!!!

Crockpot Veggie Soup

Recipe By :JaneStarr

0 Points Per Serving

I made this recipe up today; I guess that I'm in a lazy, creative mood :). It's now cooking in my crockpot. I snuck a taste, and it's good. I can only imagine how much better it'll be when the veggies actually get warm and have time to cook! Jane

1 14.5-oz can canned cut tomatoes with onion and garlic

1 14.5-oz can 99% Fat Free Vegetable Broth

2 1/2 cups fatfree chicken broth

5 cups V-8 vegetable juice -- high calcium kind preferred

1 pound frozen carrot slices

1 10-oz package sliced mushrooms

1 medium yellow squash -- sliced

1/4 cup peppers -- frozen, assorted

black pepper -- to taste (1/2 tsp?)

kosher salt -- to taste (1/2 tsp?)

2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves

1 teaspoon dried basil -- to taste (or 1T fresh)

Put all ingredients into crockpot and set on high. (I use a 4 1/2 quart Rival Oval Crockpot). Cook as long as desired (until veggies are as soft as you like). You can cook this on "low" power all day. I like to start it on "high" to get it up to temp.

*faster Puree half of veggies in small batches in the blender or use a hand-blender right in the turned off crock pot.

Freeze in plastic containers in desired quantities. Thaw and reheat in microwave or stove top.

Since this recipe filled my 4 1/2 qt crockpot, I estimate that this will make about 12 (1 1/2 cup) servings

Yield: "4 1/2 quarts"

Per serving: 62 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (6% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 781mg Sodium

Garden Vegetable Soup Vegan

Shared by: momoftwoiam

0 points per serving

2/3 cup sliced carrot

1/2 cup diced onion

2 garlic cloves, minced

3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)

1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage

1/2 cup green beans

1 Tbsp. tomato paste

1/2 tsp. dried basil

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup diced zucchini


1. In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. 2. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. 3. Stir in zucchini and heat 3 - 4 minutes. Serve hot

Makes 4 servings

(about 1 cup each)


Life Saver Soup Vegan

Shared by: Louise

0 Points Per Serving

1 Large can and 1 small can Tomato Juice

2 Cups water

1 can mushrooms and juice

3 or 4 stalks of celery

1 tsp. horseradish

1 med. head of cabbage

2 cubes of beef bouillon

1 onion

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper


cook until Vegetable's are tender.

** I also add vegetables that have 0 point


I know they're all kinda the same recipe, but there are different spices and such. I hope you enjoy these freebies for the day. Until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't feel bad, I blew it pretty good this whole week. Being home with Em on spring break has me and her all out of whack. I can tell this summer we are going to need a schedule of some sorts or I will be eating constantly. Hey I went to Central Market yesterday and they had Weight Watcher Smoothies (drinkable yogurt) and they are 1 point a piece too. They taste just like the yogurt or at least the strawberry did. Off the dieting subject, we went to Ikea today. Pretty cool stuff. Makes me want to redo my whole house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home