HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Weekend Off!

I hope you guys don't mind, but I took the weekend off from the blog. I think I will do that from now on. I will update during the week and not do anything on the weekend...unless there is something special going on. I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy packed full of celebrations and family time. I'm proud of myself though, with everything that went on this weekend, I still stuck to my diet. I feel like I ate way too much and might have even gained a pound or two, but everything we had this weekend was low in points. We tried the 1 point chili that Vicky recommended earlier, and it was a winner. Everyone liked it. We ate it two days in a row. We added mushrooms to ours. I hope that everyone will try it and put something of their own in it...when you do, comment on the blog and let us know what you tried in your chili.

Our verse today is from Psalms. It's Psalm 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. This verse has 2 great reminders in it. First of all, the fact that God will always be there for us in the time that we need Him the most. (I know that I need His strength a lot in dieting). Second of all, is the fact that He deserves the glory. We are supposed to do everything to glory of God and if your glory is going somewhere else, you need to re-examine your priorities. It's so easy to take compliments sometimes, but do you ever really remember who those compliments belong to? Just a reminder that we need to praise God for the small glories in our own lives. I hope this was an encouragement to others and I hope you have a great day. Until next time...Keep looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home