HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

In case you haven't noticed a recurring theme this week, it's making sure that you realize that God's grace is sufficient in our weakness. With my blood sugar being all over the place (always low), I get the munchies and just want to snack all day. I'm struggling to eat the protein that my Doctor wants me to eat, because let's face it...I like crackers and stuff other than meat and cheese. :) But the Lord has provided me the strength to make it through. I can't guarantee that I lost any weight...but I'm just praying I didn't gain any. I'm just being honest, because I don't ever want to sit here and say "I'm doing so great on my diet...oh you cheated??? You bad person!" That's not what this site is here for. I want to talk about my struggles and in turn, I would hope that you would talk about yours. The reason why I am so excited about Vicky's 1 point recipes, is because they are healthy, and only 1 point. So when I get the munchies, I can eat a little bit of chili and it's good, full of protein and only 1 point.

If there is anything I have learned from everybody else, (not from personal experience because it's never happened to me), but that is to quick drinking soda and start drinking water. I have always been a water drinker (for the most part), so I've never dropped that "initial" weight that everyone says you would lose if you would quick drinking soda. But that's something that I thought I would remind you of. To end today's blog, I want to leave you with a devotional that crosswalk did back in January. I hope this encourages you today. Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

The little boy lagged farther and farther behind his parents. As his father turned to tell him to hurry up, the little boy sobbed, 'I can't hurry. I'm too tired. Carry me.' He stopped where he was and lifted his weary little arms. During our diets, we often feel just like that little boy. We just cannot go on anymore; we just don't have the strength. That's when we need to turn to God. In our weakness He brings us strength. You will be amazed at what great endurance the Lord gives to those who stretch out their arms to Him.

Today's thought: The Lord lifts us up from temptation when we reach out to Him.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a water hater too. You would think such a thing would be so easy to do but I just can't seem to get that under control. By the way I tried the brownie in a cup recipe last night and it was pretty good. I bought some strawberries yesterday so I'm going to make one tonight and top it with cool whip and strawberries. I've hit a lull in my weight loss too. I know that if I would get the water thing under control it would start back up again. All well, one bite at a time right???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home