HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

With Permission

For those of you guys who actually do get on and read this blog everyday...Thank you!!! You are awesome, but I want to remind you to read the comments section. Vicky has been making tons of great comments as well as Jana and Brenda. I love those 1 point recipes...they're great. I haven't had a chance to try any of them just yet, but I do intend to. With Vicky's permission, I think one day next week, I'm going to have a full blog of (her) 1 point recipes. She has been so faithful to help all of us out with that, and I personally appreciate it. Like I've said in so many comments, I can't wait to try those recipes out because they really sound good. Also, for those of you who are Starbucks fans (or just coffee fans) I will have a recipe for an Iced Mocha on here before too long. I want to try it out for myself before I put it on the website.

If you didn't get a chance, I hope that you will look at yesterday's blog. There is a verse on there, that would be a great motto for dieters. The end of a thing in so much better than the beginning and that is incredibly true with dieting. Here is the verse for today:
Deuteronomy 31:8 - And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. I know that dieting can get very discouraging at times, but remember this verse when it gets to be a struggle. Also, remember us, we're here for you and we want to help you through the same struggles that we are all facing. I hope that you will use the encouragement from this blog and from our group, to stay strong and remember to focus on God instead of your diet. I just want to give you a little insight...something that helps me and I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but there is a devotional for dieters. Go to www.crosswalk.com to the devotionals, there are tons of devotionals there, but there is a specific one for dieters. This can be a great encouragement...let it encourage you today. Until next time...Keep looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, March 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I'm glad you guys appreciate it I know that Kevin and the people I work with are tired of me talking about points, it seems to have taken over my life. I don't mind you reprinting them for your entry. I realized I left one more thing out on the Charro Soup - 4 Tbsp of Hormel Bacon Bits. You can use another brand but the Hormel and Mc Cormick have bigger chuncks and when it has been cooked into the soup they plump up like little bits of bacon - Yummy! Also I wanted to make sure ya'll know about the website www.dwlz.com This lady has gone through and transferred a lot of restraunts into weight watcher points. Most of your chain restrauts are listed so check it out if you know you are going to be eating out. Ellen told me about this and it has been a real God-Send for me because I like to eat out!!! That means no dirty dishes for me to clean :) Can you tell I've been locked up with a 3 year old with chicken pox???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home