HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Weight Watcher Dieters

Well, I lost 3 pounds this week (praise the Lord)...I don't know...maybe it had something to do with being sick yesterday :) Anyway, I got yelled at by weight watchers (online) because I'm losing weight too rapidly. That just makes me laugh. I'm sitting here thinking I'm not losing it fast enough, and they're telling me I'm losing it too fast. It just goes to show you that what we think is healthy, is not always so healthy for us. Today is going to be in reference to a comment left yesterday inquiring about weight watchers points system. The cool thing about Weight Watchers is that they don't ever tell you that you can't eat something. Everything is on the diet. WW is more about portion control. Yes...they would like for you to eat healthy things...they suggest that you eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies everyday and at least 2 servings of dairy everyday. Have at least 6 glasses of water every day, but these are not necessarily requirements. I will tell you personally, the closer you stick to getting those servings in, the better you will feel and the more weight you will lose in a healthy way. As far as the points system goes, they take your weight and your height, and give you the amount of points you should have each day. You are also allowed 35 flex points every week, to use as you wish either at the end of the week, or 5 points a day...whatever you choose. If you will go to their website, they have a little infomercial you can watch where they explain to you how everything works. www.weightwatchers.com In order to figure out your points, they have calculators you use that figures the calories into the fibers and then tells you how many points a food is according to the fat. It's a very interesting system. Hopefully we'll have a meeting at the church one of these days and when we have our first meeting , we could go over this for those who want to get more info. My family does weight watchers online because it works for us and it's cheaper than going to weekly meetings. Some people need the support of a weekly meeting, and that's fine, but we have a whole family that is doing this together (and I think we have enough people in our church) that we have our own Great support system. And even better, we're all brothers and sisters in Christ and this will help us in our Spiritual growth as we love and encourage each other to "remodel" the temple of God. I hope this answered some questions and did a little encouraging on the way. Until next time...Keep looking UP and God Bless!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you don't mind but I gave this page info to some people at work who are also fighting the battle of the bulge. I tried a new recipe on Sunday Night called Charro Soup
    2 cans of pinto beans
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    minced garlic to taste
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    1 can of fat free chicken broth
    Saute the onions and garlic in a Pam sprayed skillet then combine all the other ingredients and simmer about 20 minutes. I like it because it is another 1 point recipe for a 1 cup serving. I also cooked some jamblaya rice and healthy choice link sausage and it was really good. It was kind of like gumbo.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot something on the above recipe. Add about 1/2 tsp of Oregano. It said you could also add cumin but I left it out simply because I didn't have any in the pantry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home