HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just Being Honest!

Okay, Just being honest, I was a little down today when I stepped on the scale. I was hoping that I made my first goal this week only to find that I'm set back by almost 2 pounds. I don't know what I did wrong this week. I stayed as close to the diet as I could, but to no avail. 2 weeks ago, I started using my 5 flex points everyday (I took my 35 and used it throughout the week instead of saving them up). I saw a great change in my weight loss. Well, I didn't do so well this week. My points started over today and I still had 20.5 flex points left for the week. So I'm going to set a personal goal today (for all to see). I'm going to try extra hard this week to get all of my points in everyday (including my flex points). Anyway, so I was a little bummed until I read the devotion on http://www.crosswalk.com today. It brought a whole new light about my dieting. The verse for today is Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. In the devotion today, it simply states, "The things He overcame cause our dieting efforts to pale in comparison". I might be a little upset because I didn't do so well this week, but Christ gave a lot more than I could ever give on a diet. When I very first weighed this morning, like I said, I was bummed, but you know what my first thought was? "I looked really good in my dress this past Sunday and it fit great for the first time since I bought it". I'm not trying to be vain, but we all have to give ourselves some encouragement somehow. So, remember that verse on the day you step on the scale.

On to more interesting topics (I'm sure you don't care to come on here and read all about my set backs :) Anyway, I would like to do a 1 point day, probably next week, so for those of you who read this, I would appreciate it if you could either in the comments section or at church on Wednesday and Sunday, bring me your favorite 1 point recipes. I want to put them on the blog for all to see. Thanks for the support you give me in doing this, I hope that it is of encouragement to all who read. Until next time, Keep looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I like this new site. You're doing a great job, Jocelyn! I think we get on the scales way too often. If your clothes are fitting better--that's what you want! Just hang in there and the pounds will come off eventually.
    Sheryl

     
  • At 7:23 PM, March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean. I went to my weight watcher meeting tonight and this lady was celebrating losing 50 pounds in 6 months. Everybody clapped and cheered and then her sister chimed in saying she had been on the program the same amount of time and had only lost 22 pounds so it was kind of a hypocritical cheer because you're thinking "why can't that be me?" Anyway, like Jana said it could be all kinds of things going on. My meeting is at night so you always weigh more at night than in the morning so I'm easily bummed. I did try drinking more water this week and it paid off. My total weight loss is 16 pounds so far. Like Sheryl said if your clothes fit better then you might be losing inches instead of pounds that week. By the way, I tried the brownie cup with icecream, YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!! - What is ham stromboli????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home