HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tremendous Feedback!

The feedback yesterday was great. It helped me greatly and I hope it helped some of you who might be going through the same thing. This has not been confirmed yet, so I'm speaking out of the side of my mouth when I say this, but I think we are wanting to have a very short (and I mean short) meeting after church on Sunday night. This meeting is simply to find out who all is interested in doing a meeting (like a monthly or bi-weekly) at the church and then to discuss a time when we can have our first actual meeting. I'm very excited about this and I can't wait until everything falls into place so we can talk in person about our successes instead of only online. Don't get me wrong, online is not a horrible thing...I love the interaction that the few of us are having, but I'm hoping that through meeting once or twice a month, our little group will grow into a big group. We might even be able to convince other people (outside of our church) to come in and fellowship with us.

We had a question on yesterday's comments and now I'm going to answer it with a recipe that is to die for. What is Ham Stromboli??? You take the pillsbury dough pizza crust and roll it out into a rectangle. You then put italian seasoning all over the pizza crust and then add mozzerella cheese (the low point kind). After that, you put ham on it (I don't remember how much...I think my mom put 3.5 slices on it. But you just spread it out over the dough. Then you add any vegetables that you like on your pizza into the stromboli. We put green bell pepper, onion, black and green olives and mushrooms. Then you fold one end over and then the other over that and place it seam side down and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. It's the easiest dinner and the best. You cut it into 4 pieces and it's 4.5 points per serving. It's good stuff.

Our verse for today comes out of the book of Jude and it talks about the only one who is able to keep us from falling deserves all the glory and majesty. I hope this encourages you.
Jude 1:24-25 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vicky, that is wonderful. I know you are like me, struggling to lose weight. It's great to see everyone participating. I really would like a 1-point day. I also wish I could come to the meetings if you have them, but I probably will not make it since I live in the far east. All the comments and encouragement help me to keep trying and in touch with everyone.
    Dana

     
  • At 11:38 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love to come to meetings. I have been working on getting healthier. There are several known steps to making this transition successful and one of the ways is to be accountable. As were are newer to the area and I am, by all accounts, a total introvert, I find myself without any support or person to be accountable. We usually attend the 11:00 service, but I am able to come back if the meeting is held. Please keep us posted. Thanks for taking the initiative to do this page as it is an answer to prayers. Keeping you in prayers.

    Heather Matthews

     
  • At 12:24 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go Vicky!! (How's my little Emily?) I think meetings would be great. I know there are more people interested than you've heard from on the site. I say go for it! I don't know much about these "points". I think I'm eating at least 300 points a day!! I don't think that's allowed, is it?
    Sheryl

     
  • At 7:01 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sheryl if eating 300 points will get me to your size I would be excited :) Hey did ya'll know that a cup of strawberries is zero points but a cup and a half is one point. What's up with that? So I can eat 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening and it doesn't count? Go figure. I kept Emily out another week because she still has a couple of spots on her ankles. The dr said it was okay to get back to normal life but I didn't want anybody mad at me for bringing her in case they noticed them on her legs. You know how us mothers can be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home