HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Impatience...Get's you nowhere!!

A lot of times, we get so tired of having to wait for results. I know that I get discouraged when the weight doesn’t seem to come off as quickly as I think it should. But I’ve heard a lot of great comments in the past couple of weeks that really encourage me to stay strong and keep working towards my goal. What I don’t see (because I see myself everyday) other people see and let me know that they can tell I’m working towards a goal. Hebrews 10:36 - For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. I don’t know about you, but I was born into a family that has little patience, but this verse clearly states that we have to have patience. So the next time, you don’t think the weight is coming off quick enough, just remember Hebrews 10:36.

Just to remind everyone, the first meeting is next Sunday night…April 9, 2006…after the evening service. We only have a few people that have signed up to bring something, so please make sure you make it to the table in the foyer and put your name on the list to bring something. I think we will have more people than I anticipated, so we need people to sign up for this meeting. Mrs. Joyce Hampton is preparing to speak with us to give us a little more information on dieting. She has had a lot of success and I can’t wait to hear what she has to bring to us on Sunday. Hope to see you there. Until next time…Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, yes I was the one with the ice chest Sunday night ready to chow down on some good grub. I don't know why I thought it was suppose to be this past Sunday. Never fear though, I will bring something yummy to eat. Bring a microwaveable mug and you can give the brownie cup a try. I'm telling you, you don't know what you are missing. Think we could talk Joyce into making her Mexican Salad???? I know she probably gets tired of making it but I never get tired of eating it, yummy!!! I can't remember what we decided about our spouses and children, are they eating with us?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home