HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Is This Your Season???

Good Morning to all. I hope that you slept well. We will be seeing most of you tonight at church, but I know that there are some who can't get out on Wednesday nights. Please stay safe in whatever endeavors you are involved in. If you are not going to be at church, but you would like to be signed up to bring something on Sunday, email me at jocelyn_weidel@sbcglobal.net or just make a comment on this website and someone will see it in order to get you on the list. It's been kind of crazy and I want to apologize for the lack of updates here recently. I'm trying to get up earlier in the morning so I have more time to get things done, but it just doesn't seem to be working. Today's verse is one of my favorites. It actually comes from a much bigger passage in Ecclesiastes, but we'll just be looking at this particular verse and portion. Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. There are times in our lives when dieting is just easier, and there are times when it is harder. When you have a lot of stress in your life, or maybe tragedy...those times are probably not appropriate to try to diet. Just a perfect example. I had started a diet about 2 weeks before my dad was killed. I had lost some weight...about 8 pounds or so, but obviously, when everything happened, it just was not the time to be on a diet anymore. I was on a diet of my own at that point, due to the lack of appetite. But we have to realize that in life, there is a season and a time to everything. Things are going to happen and we have no control of that. Did I let that stop me??? No, obviously not, because I'm on, yet another diet, trying to accomplish my goal in remodeling the Temple of God. When you fall off the band wagon, you have to eventually muster up the courage to get back on and ride again. Just because we fail once doesn't mean we fail everytime. You have to ask God to help you get on it and stay on it. He will do the things that you ask Him to do. Until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home