HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Patience!!!

1 Kings 17:8-9 - And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, 'Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.' Did you know that Elijah waited 3 years for word to come. He was told by the Lord to go and dwell and someone would sustain him while he waited. Could you imagine??? The Lord told him to go...he went. What faith. Then the Lord told him to dwell...so he dwelt. For 3 long years he dwelt in the land that the Lord told him to wait in. Many times, we're done after 3 months, but Elijah waited for 3 years for the Lord to tell him what to do next. Instead of trying to speed up the process, we should take the time to enjoy the process of losing weight. If you lose it all in 1 night, most likely it will come back on in 2 hours. There is a process to everything. Let me again encourage you...the weather is perfect for a picnic in the park. And then you can get up and play with your kids, or take them for a stroll around the park. I did it yesterday...I'm sure you've all read by now, but it was a wonderful experience. I plan on doing it everyday...weather permitting. If anyone would like to join me...you are more than welcome. :) It's all the way in Bedford and I get lunch at 1:00. If you're interested...just let me know ;) Well, this is it for today. I need to leave for work, but until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hadn't checked in this week but wanted to let you know I thought the meeting went real well on Sunday. Everybody seemed really excited. This WW plan really does work. I really try to watch what I eat now. Last weekend I ate a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have but Sunday I got back on the program and by Thursday I still had a weight loss at my meeting. So it is okay to reward yourself every now and then. I'm trying ham stramboli tonight for Kev and Em, I think they will like. I did forget to get some italian seasoning but I'm sure I can spice it up some way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home