HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chocolate Bunnies!!!

Well, Easter was a little rough on me. I ate a little too much chocolate and gained a pound, but I know it will be gone next week. I've set a new goal and I'm going to make it with the help of all my friends. Sometimes I just need a little motivation. I think we get so used to getting things for nothing, that we come to expect it. I'll just sit behind my desk and get paid for it. If they're willing to do, I'll take the money. But God doesn't want us to just sit behind a desk. If that's your job, then do it to the best of your ability. He asks the same of us in dieting. If you choose to remodel your temple, do it to the best of your ability. I'm the worst right now, because I keep thinking, (well I've lost it before, so I know I can do it), and then I get discouraged when I've gained weight. Sometimes, we're not too smart in this aspect. Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. If you've lost sight of your goal, God is still working in you, but you have to refocus and start again. He will not give up on you even when you've given up on yourself. Let's remember to rally around each other and continue to encourage one another as often as we can, whether it be comments on this webpage or comments to each other at church or wherever we may see each other. I hope you have a great day. Until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I ate all of my flex points for last week and this week on Sunday!!!! It was good to see Heather at WPC this morning. She came in carrying her gallon container (well, it looked like a gallon) of water. She's lost some serious pounds!!! Way to go, Heather! How are you doing, Vic? Hang in there everybody!!!
    Sheryl

     
  • At 7:16 PM, April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm doing alright. I've been a little laid back about my points the past couple of weeks especially on the weekend. Next week I will be in San Antonio from Sunday Night until Tuesday Afternoon for a conference so I'm really trying to watch it this week because I know I will probably over do it while I'm gone.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Sheryl and everybody for the support.

    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home