HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Sorry for the Time Lapse!

Hey Everyone, Sorry about the time lapse. We've been having computer problems and usually I have just enough time to update the blog. I've been trying to reboot the modem every morning and finally get frustrated with it and quit. But it's working today after I was patient and played a game after rebooting instead of just jumping right onto the internet. Today's verse comes from Luke and it's Luke 6:25 - 'Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.' You know, my excuse here is just that. I can take it 1 of 2 ways. I can be thankful the internet works most of the time, or I can just be mad because it doesn't work all the time. This verse is saying that we eat too much. (Not literally, but let's think about this for a minute). I know you heard it a million times, probably even said it if you have kids. "Eat your food, there are starving children in China who would love to have what you're eating!" How true is this statement? We live in a world, where food is literally at our fingertips. We can eat anytime we want and be full. But how many times have you stopped to think about the people around this world who don't have that opportunity? We just had our mission's conference and we saw picture after picture of people who are literally starving. But they're not just starving for food...they are starving for the Word of God. Yes, we are a fortunate people. We can have church out in the open, we don't have to go underground to have services. We can read our Bibles in public if we so wish to do. We can eat until we can't even move around on our own anymore. I see people come into my office on a daily basis that need motorized wheelchairs because they can't even walk without assistance anymore. This is why we need to encourage each other. We have to remodel the temple of God. I love all of you, and you are doing a wonderful job. Our church is looking better and better each day :) You guys are wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Thought for Today: Make me less, Lord: less body, less selfishness, less ego!

Until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a question about your recipe this week. The Low Fat Mozzerella cheese, is that labeled that way on the package or is the kind that is labeled part skim? That kind of confuses me. Kev and I really like chicken parm so I was going to give it a try.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home