HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Finding Contentment

Obviously anytime you fail while dieting, you feel like a failure, but God doesn’t want us to have these feelings of doubt. Especially not about ourselves. The only way for gold to be purified is to be tried by fire. In dieting, the only way for us grow in faith is to be tried by struggles. Christ will bring us through anything as long as we let him. 1 Peter 1:7 - That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. Don’t let people get you down. If a certain diet isn’t working for you, let God help. He is the master of all things and He wants you to be happy. In saying that, I must remind you that you will never be satisfied in life or in you relationships, until you are satisfied in Christ and in yourself through Christ. If you can’t appreciate yourself the way you are now…how does God know that you will appreciate yourself after you lose 10,20,50 pounds? Some people are never happy no matter what they have, look like, or do. They just do not understand what it is to be content. We must be content in all we do, through Christ. Just remember that as Christians, our main goal is to become more Christ-like in everything we do. To be a Christian is to be a “little Christ”. Remember that next time you don’t want to be content with the way things are, but also remember that we should never get so content with life, that we forget to become more like Christ in everything we do.

I just wanted to remind everyone again, that the next meeting is going to be May 21st, after the evening service. Come with your soup bowls and soup spoons ready to eat. We’re having a soup night and it’s going to be great. Hope to see you all there. Until next time…Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes I forget that God is here to help me through whatever weight problem I may have. I just need to remember to call upon Him for help.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    Sherry R

     
  • At 12:55 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been really struggling the last two to three weeks with many trials and tribulations. Unfortunately, some of this is being reflected in my dieting. I was doing so well. I think that the devil tries to undermine us any way he can, especially when we are doing well and feeling contented. It makes me think about the book, The Prayer of Jabez, and a comment in there about if there are no trials and tribulations, it is because the devil is satisfied that we are not doing our work in our relationship with the Lord. If there are more hassles, it is his effort to wear us down and tear us away from the Lord. I have been really struggling with feeling worn down and feeling like my positive progress and efforts are being attacked. I have to remind myself constantly that the Lord loves me and that I am saved and that I can be content and happy. I have struggled for many years with losing these feelings. I cringe inwardly when I feel happy or contented because I know disaster and bad feelings are just around the corner. I know that too often I am willing to give up in my efforts so that the battle will ease up. Then I struggle with the guilt and feelings of worthlessness. The next step is to pull out of my relationships and then become more depressed and guilty. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, I have been looking forward to new words of inspiration from Jocelyn and the bible. The scripture lessons lately seem to be right on for me and my struggles. Here's praying that this is the time, with the help of the Lord and our group, that the negative coping patterns that I use will change this time.

    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home