HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Better Late than Never!!!

Well, Once again, the internet got me this morning. But as the title of this blog says...it's Better Late Than Never!!! I wanted to update today because I was inspired by the devotion from Crosswalk this morning. The verse this morning is Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. Obviously there is a reason that you are on a diet. Some people just go on a diet because they have nothing better to do. I wish that was my reasoning, but unfortunately for me, my health is the reason I am on a diet. A lot of people have gone a diet to later find out that it was that very same diet that saved their lives. Some people go on a diet to encourage someone else to stick with their diet...and the list could go on and on. But we know that there is a reason why we do the things we do. No matter what your reason is, I hope to be one of the one's who gets to encourage you and help you to stick with it. I try to be as transparent on this diet as I can be. I want to share with you my triumphs and my set backs. I weighed in today and I gained .6 pounds back (that's point six...not six...so it's not as bad as it could be...but I definitely don't want to be gaining at all...just losing :) Anyways, we are here to lift each other up...not to tear each other down. I know that sometimes I sound like a broken record...but I really want to remind you that we have to help each other because the world only looks down on those they don't see eye to eye with. I love each and every one of you and I pray for you that you will succeed in your diet. If you are dieting and you don't know just yet why...remember this THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: "My diet may be the best idea God had all day". I hope that brought a smile to your face like it did mine. Until Next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait for our next test tasting get together. It was so good last time I know that it can only get better. Here is a little "wordly" inspiration for you. SWIMSUIT SEASON - I know myself, I only get into a swimsuit around my family but you still want to look as good as you can. June will be here before you know it and if I remember right, Liz is having a pool party for the ladies fellowship. That gives us at least a full month to get it in gear:)

     
  • At 3:47 PM, May 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really appreciate you sharing the good and the bad. It makes it easier for me. It's nice to see you take things so in stride and remind us that we don't have to punish ourselves. I too am doing this for my health and the health of my family. I try to remind myself that it took me 11 years to get here. It's not going away overnight. In appreciation,
    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home