HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Are you Sure?

Some days it just feels like it’s going to be a great day, and some days, you wake up and you know that nothing good can come out of your day. David had those thoughts as well in Psalms. If you read the Psalms, you will see all throughout the book that David struggled. He struggled with depression, but even in his depression state, he still had faith in the Lord. It is hard to choose just one verse from the Psalms, but if I had to choose just one, it would probably be my life’s verse. Psalm 56:11 – In God have I put my trust, I will not fear what man can do unto me. If you have truly put your faith and trust in God in everything, including your dieting, it doesn’t matter what people say to you or how badly people may hurt you with their words. I know, words do hurt, believe me I know…but whenever you are feeling down and someone attacks you verbally with words that are hurtful, remember all the pain and suffering Jesus went through here on earth. Here He was…the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. He was mocked, made fun of, “if you really are who you say you are.” They doubted Him. They tried to make Him less then who He IS. Yes, you are here on earth, and words really do pierce the soul, but remember that this is just a temporary home. There is a better place that, I hope, we all have to look forward to. A place where words can never hurt the way they do here on earth, and where we will have a glorified body…not made with hands.

I’m not sure why, but the Lord has laid it on my heart to question you guys today, and I’m not one to disobey the Lord. If you died right now, where would you be? Are you sure that your life is secure in the hands of the Lord Jesus Christ? If not, please get in touch with somebody from the church. Mrs. Newcomb is always willing to listen, and so is Jana, and Brenda, and anybody. Please don’t wait another minute. Pick up the phone right now…quit reading and pick it up!!! You won’t miss anything, call me, or call the church…get your directory and call any of the women listed in the directory. I can guarantee you that we are all standing by…ready to listen, and waiting to help you answer any questions you may have. Until next time…Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless each of you!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home