HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Outcast?

Have you ever felt like you just didn’t belong??? My biggest pet peeve is shopping with someone who is smaller than me and having to go into what I call the “skinny” stores. I feel like the biggest person there and I begin to wonder what everyone around me is thinking about me. In my head, I’m sure they’re wondering why I’m in “their” store and they’re hoping I don’t try anything on. (I don’t know if this is what is really going on or even what is being thought, but it still makes me feel like I have a contagious disease or something.) It seems as if I walk into those stores and all eyes immediately turn to me and I’m the center of attention…and not in a good way. There were a lot of people in the Bible that felt that way. I could give you story after story of people who had a similar experience to this, but I want to focus on a man who was full of leprosy. Luke 5:12 - And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, 'Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.' A lot of times, bigger people feel like outcasts and honestly, this is an unforgiving world. People try their hardest it seems like, in order to exclude those of us who are not as skinny as the world thinks we should be. People are down right rude in some instances, but we have to look past that because there is only one opinion that we must worry about. This one opinion belongs to Christ and he says in Psalms that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. He didn’t say that He threw us together as quickly as He could…no He took His time with each one of us. So the next time you feel like an outcast, or you feel like you’re being looked upon as if you have a disease…remember that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and also remember ‘Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.’ Until Next Time…Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home