HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Looking through dirty windows

Sometimes life can be scary…especially if you don’t know what is around the corner. I think that is one of the things that people are most anxious about when dieting. They don’t know what is around the corner. Am I going to gain a pound this week or am I going to lose inches??? The list of worries and anxieties goes on and on. I think the thing I’m most excited but anxious about is…I want to know what I’m going to look like once I’ve reached my goal weight. If you’re like me…you’ve been at the weight you are for a long time and you just don’t remember what you looked like when you were 50 pounds lighter. I can’t even remember if I’ve ever been skinny. It’s just scary at times. Also, the thought that I’m sure runs through every woman’s head…if I lose too much weight, I’ll have to buy a whole new wardrobe. While this is a nice idea, who has the money to spend on a whole new wardrobe to fit your new body? I know that I don’t. So there are all kinds of fears that we face in dieting. I can’t wait to see what I’m going to look like in a couple of months, once I’ve reached my final destination, but the anxiety and the roller coasters that we ride on the way there, are sometimes more than we can bare. 1 Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. Right now, we’re looking through a colored glass. We can’t see the way things are going to be, when all we can see is the way things are now…but eventually, we’ll be face to face with reality. Right now, we only know the part of it…we know what we look like after what we’ve lost right now, but eventually, we’re going to know the whole of it. Once you’ve reached your goal, you will know what you are going to look like…right? Of course, but until then, we only see in part. Remember this verse next time you become anxious for results. God doesn’t want us to have results immediately, he wants us to be patient and wait on Him.

For those of you who were not at the meeting last Sunday night, our next meeting will be June 25, after the evening service. Also, we had a nice group of ladies show up to eat tortilla soup and tortellini soup…it was wonderful…thanks to Joyce Hampton and Jana MacDonald for making those for us and providing each of us with the recipe. Of the ladies who were there, we lost a total of 101.25 pounds. I’m very proud of all of our ladies in their search to remodel their temples of God. Until Next Time…Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that I do not always comment, but I greatly appreciate the work that you do with this page. Your thoughts are always so put together and right on. Thanks.

    Heather

     
  • At 5:40 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. I have been "pretending" to be on a diet for the past month and today the scales let me know about it. As long as I was losing a little or maintaining I thought everything would be okay but boy was I WRONG! Since I'm off work for a few weeks I am going to have to stay busy or I'm going to sit around and EAT! So any free stuff to do this summer with my sweet little Emily, feel free to send it to me vbrinlee@peoplepc.com so we can get out of this house and away from FOOD!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home