HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

How hard do you Try?

Man...Is temptation ever present or what? Sometimes, I'm strong enough to say no, but other times I'm weak and I fall right into the trap. Chuck E Cheese is satan :) Just kidding. We had a great time last night at good ole' Chuck E Cheese with all the kiddos. I ate more points than I should have, but it's a good thing I have extra :) Anyways, a certain someone that I was talking to last night made a statement that really hit home, because this is a big deal with dieting. I was asked, "How committed are you to losing weight?" That really got me to thinking. How committed am I??? Then I thought a little deeper. How committed am I to God? So many people are highly dedicated to their diets, but they spend all their time being committed to that one thing, that they forget their committment to the only One that matters. I can be as committed as a person can be to losing weight and doing it the best ways and the only ways possible. I could eat salad everyday for the rest of my life...eat healthy, lose all the weight I need to, and stay healthy, but what is health without a healthy spiritual life to back it up? In my opinion, if you have your health, but you don't have God...you've lost the biggest reward you could possibly earn. Hebrews 10:38 - Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. We need to have a committment to our diets...yes...this is very important in order to lose weight, but you also need to remember your committment to God!!! Until next time...Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home