HBC Less of Me

This is a page for the people of Heritage Baptist Church to go on a day to day basis to receive encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope that you will end your search for a friendly church by visiting Heritage Baptist Church!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hi Ladies....and gentlemen if there are any of you out there reading. (It's okay if you are...this site isn't just for women!) But...this announcement is just for the ladies of Heritage Baptist Church...PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THAT THIS SUNDAY, WE WILL ALL BE WEARING RED, WHITE, AND/OR BLUE IN HONOR OF ALL OF OUR MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE SERVED IN THE MILITARY!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER!!!

Okay...now down to business. Have you ever noticed that there is a reason behind losing weight? I don't know anyone who has ever said..."Hmmm, I think I'm gonna lose weight, just because I feel like it. I have nothing better to do with my time...I think I'll go on a diet." That is a very rare occurrence if ever. Most people go on diets for health reasons, or they just wanna shed that extra 10 pounds before the wedding, or they wanna look good in a swim suit (which don't forget about the swim party at Liz Nichols' house on June 10). Usually, there is a reason, but is that reason usually because you want to purify the temple of God? Usually not. It's usually and generally a selfish reason (although not looked upon as selfish) reason for wanting to lose weight. There is nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight in order to look better in a wedding dress, or in your "mother's dress" for your child's wedding. There is absolutely and definitely nothing wrong with needing to lose pounds because of health reasons, but there is a problem with leaving God out of your diet. Believe me, I'm preaching to myself today because I know that I have fallen into temptation this week, that I could have fought if I would have let God help me. When everything seems so incredibly hard and you just can't do it on your own...DON'T!!!!!! You should never do ANYTHING on your own. No, I'm not saying, tell everyone how much you weigh and let them know every little thing you eat, and how many times you cheated. If you don't want to tell another single soul any of this information, Don't, but you DO need to tell God. You know why??? Because he careth for you!!! 1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all YOUR care upon HIM, for HE careth for YOU! Isn't this an awesome verse. The God of Creation...care about YOU!!! Think about that next time you need someone to talk to. He's sitting by the phone, waiting to hear from HIS Child! Until next time, Keep Looking UP for your inspiration and God Bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home